Preschool Level: Ages 3-4
Level I Classes: Ages 5-6
Level II Classes: Ages 7-11 (based on skill level)
Level III Classes: Ages 9-11 (Also based on skill level)
Level IV Classes: Ages 11-14 (Also based on skill level)
Level V Classes: Ages 14-18 (Also based on skill level)
TUMBLING I: Ages 5-11
TUMBLING II: 10 and up (based on skill level)
- Dance Attire: Any color leotard, ballet tights, pink leather ballet shoes, black tap shoes. Skirts and tutus are permitted in this class.
- This class is a combination class that includes Ballet and Tap. Students will learn ballet fundamentals in a way that is geared towards their age. The class introduces young students to ballet and tap skills through imagination activities, movement games and singing. Students will have fun learning dance along with the use of props such as wands, tambourines, and hula hoops. Students will begin positions of the feet, and introductory movement vocabulary.
- This class will have two dances in our annual recital.
Ballet/Hip Hop I:
- Ballet-Any color leotard, ballet tights, pink leather ballet shoes. Skirts and tutus are permitted in this class.
- Tap-Any color leotard, tights and black tap shoes.
- Jazz/Hip Hop- Any color leotard, tights and tan jazz shoes.
- These classes are combinations of Ballet/Tap, Ballet/Jazz or Ballet/Hip Hop .
- BALLET: Students will learn classical ballet techniques and terminology. Each class includes center floor work and across-the-floor combinations and steps. Dancers will enjoy this interactive class that builds on basic movements learned in the Preschool combination class but is still appropriate for first-time dancers.
- TAP: This class will concentrate on building confidence through mastering more difficult patterns and steps.
- JAZZ: This class includes an introduction to proper warm-ups and stretches for the body combined with across-the-floor progressions and mini combinations.
- HIP HOP: Students will learn the fundamentals, such as isolations and flexibility. This class will encourage students to dance outside of the box and bring their own personality to each movement. We pride ourselves on being a family oriented dance studio and go out of our way to find clean age-appropriate music.
- Each combo class will have two dances in our annual recital.
- Any color leotard, ballet tights, pink leather ballet shoes.
- Students will learn classical ballet techniques and terminology. Each class includes barre exercises, center floor work, and across-the-floor combinations. The ballet curriculum is based on a combination of several styles and methods. As students progress through each level, curriculum will become increasingly more complex and intricate.
- Any color leotard, tan tights, tan jazz shoes. Dance shorts are permitted in this class.
- Jazz class will focus on learning proper dance technique such as isolations of the body, improving performance quality and developing rhythms and patterns. Students will be exposed to various styles of jazz to help develop a well rounded dancer. Class curriculum is based on ballet technique layered with traditional jazz movement and includes a proper warm-up, stretches, isolations, across-the-floor progressions, and combinations. As students progress through each level, curriculum will become increasingly more complex and intricate.
- Any color leotard, tights, black tap shoes. Dance shorts are permitted in this class.
- Tap classes are designed to develop rhythm, style and sound. Students will learn a variety of tap styles from Broadway to Rhythm tap. Exercises focus on building flexibility of the knee and ankles, coordination, and speed of movement. The class emphasis is on developing proper tap technique, producing clear tap sounds, and having fun. As students progress through each level curriculum will become increasingly more complex and intricate.
- Any color leotard, tights, tan jazz shoes.
- Students will explore partnering and weight sharing exercises combined with basic techniques and skills from ballet, jazz and modern. It emphasizes interpretation of music lyrics while telling a story with movement that can be fluid or abstract. As students progress through each level curriculum will become increasingly more complex and intricate.
- Any color leotard, convertible tights, no shoes.
- For level IV/V dancers only.
- This modern class will incorporate many of the foundations of modern dance technique, including suspension and release, fall and recovery, the use of momentum and connecting breath with movement. Dancers will explore new ways of moving in combinations, floor work and partnering, and also in various methods of improvisation.
- Any color leotard, tan jazz shoes, athletic shorts and t-shirts are permitted in this class.
- Hip hop is a high-energy class that infuses the latest styles of street dancing, breaking, popping, and locking. Classes will encourage students to step outside of the box by bringing their own individual style and personality to the movements.
TURN & STRETCH:
- Any color leotard, tights, tan jazz shoes.
- This class is designed to improve a dancer's range of motion, enhance muscle flexibility and increase their level of core muscle strength. Through a variety of stretches and strengthening exercises, dancers will also increase their technical ability. This class also focuses on improving leaps and turns.
- Any color leotard, convertible tights. Dance shorts are permitted in this class. No shirts allowed.
- This class will focus on fundamental acrobatic technique, teaching such skills as handstands, chin stands, elbow stands, cartwheels, back bends, walkovers, aerials, balance and contortion tricks, all to each student's individual level of experience.